Pioneer Meadows Montessori School admits students from all backgrounds: economic and social class, ethnic and racial heritage, religious beliefs, and family structure. In order to be considered for our Children's House program, children should be between the ages of three and five by the first of the school year. Children must be toilet trained. We do also consider a very limited number of two year olds each year.
Children between the ages of six and nine will be considered for our Lower Elementary program. Children between the ages of nine and twelve will be considered for our Upper Elementary program.
Choosing a Montessori school for your child is an important decision. In order for you to make a well-informed decision, we invite you to participate in the following steps:
- Attend a Parent Information Night to learn more about our program, tour our classrooms, and ask any questions. These sessions are conducted on a monthly basis by our administrative director and education director.
- Schedule a classroom observation, which are also typically held once or twice a month.
- Submit a completed application and non-refundable application fee of $50.
- Applicants for our Children's House program will be asked to attend a child interview in the spring prior to the entering year.
- Applicants for our Elementary program will be asked to visit a classroom for an observation and assessment in the spring prior to entry year. Also, there will be a parent-teacher conference.
Once all the above steps have been completed, the application is reviewed by the faculty and administration. The decision to admit is based on all phases of the admission process, as well as the needs of existing classes with regard to the balance of age, sex, and ethnic diversity. Interviews for our primary program traditionally take place beginning in April and parents are contacted regarding our admission decision in May prior to the coming year. (The above procedure may vary for openings we have come up during the school year.)
Please contact the school if you have more questions or to RSVP for one of our Parent Information Nights. We would love to show you our school.
PMMS does notdiscriminate in the admission of students or in the operation of the school on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin.